Sunday, April 12, 2009

I paint things -



Pulp Fiction, Acrylic on Canvas, 24" by 30"
I think this was the first canvas painting I ever did :')



Marilyn, Acrylic on Canvas, 20" by 30"
And the second :) I do appologise for the picture quality. My old school have still got this on display in their art corridor, I haven't seen it in a while. :(



Self Portrait, Mixed Media on Canvas, 30" by 24"
Mainly acrylic, but I also used some water soluble pencil and stuck some photo prints on. I experimented with nail polish and applying paint with a fork too. Again, I appologise for the picture quality. This was my final piece for my Art GCSE, took around ten hours including the evaluation I had to do. Quite proud of it I think, my school won't give me this one back either until October. :(



Jenny, Oil and Acrylic on Canvas, 20" by 30"
(Also stuck black feathers on)
Final piece for the first module of my Art A Level. Bought oil paint accidently instead of acrylic and was then horrified when it wasn't dry the next day. :') I like how it turned out though. I'm thinking of softening the edges up a little but to give it justice it does look better in person. :)

I've got loads more to come, but this is enough for now I think. There are also lots of pieces still in the idea stages but they'll have to be put off until i finish my damn sketchbook work. :(
Deadline in two weeks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post, have a lovely easter

http://balmainbazaar.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

wow, beautiful work!

sophie said...

thank you guys :)

kent said...

Nice Paintings , I started with acrylics and switched to oil , give it another chance , you just might like it better in the end .
Never stop painting !

ChloeAmanda said...

I lurrvee your pretty pictures :)
your such a good artist.. I can't even draw lol.

thankyou for your wonderful comment too.. much appreciated ;)

xxxxxxx

Vaha said...

Coool. Thats really nice!

Anonymous said...

I love the last one, it's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

your artwork is amazing! x

L.T. said...

wow, I love your paintings =)

elle-tea.blogspot.com